[rec.arts.startrek] soc.culture.iranian

wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner) (02/20/90)

I wish to say here that I completely and wholeheartedly support the timely
creation of soc.culture.iranian. It should prove to be an extremely
valuable forum for Iranians and those who are merely interested in that
great country. Please record my YES vote. Thank you.

Yours very sincerely,

Bill Wisner <wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775

dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Sam Conway) (02/20/90)

In article <1990Feb19.220948.21739@hayes.uucp> wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner) writes:
>I wish to say here that I completely and wholeheartedly support the timely
>creation of soc.culture.iranian. It should prove to be an extremely
>valuable forum for Iranians and those who are merely interested in that
>great country. Please record my YES vote. Thank you.
>
>Yours very sincerely,
>
>Bill Wisner <wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775

What the bloody Hell is THIS doing in this newsgroup?  Have I missed
something?

(like the taking of a number of American hostages in Iran in 1979, a
death sentence imposed upon a British subject, or the active support of
world terrorism....but let's not get started on THAT.)

--
Sam Conway                               *
dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu             *   Don't mention the war!

mosley@peyote.cactus.org (Bob Mosley III) (02/21/90)

In article <1990Feb19.220948.21739@hayes.uucp>, wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner) writes:
> I wish to say here that I completely and wholeheartedly support the timely
> creation of soc.culture.iranian. It should prove to be an extremely
> valuable forum for Iranians and those who are merely interested in that
> great country. Please record my YES vote. Thank you.
>
> Yours very sincerely,
>
> Bill Wisner <wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775

Two things:

1) This does NOT belong on r.a.comics. It belongs in e-mail, addressed to
   whatever radical is attempting to create this group.

2) Also, I would like to register my vote against the creation of this
   newsgroup. Why? Because...the sky is blue....aaaaauhahhaaaa...

Yours very sarcastically,

OM <mosley@peyote.cactus.org>

"After the body of the Ayatollah was partially ripped to shreds by the
 mob attending his funeral, it was decreed by his successor that anyone
 caught with any part of the deceased leader in his or her possession
 would be put to death..."

				From a UPI wire story

:x

zardoz@apple.com (The One Eyed Man) (02/21/90)

Iranian culture...military justice...governmental restraint...jumbo
shrimp...

What to all these have in common?

*************************************
* When you do it to me, it's discrimination
* When I do it to you, it's AA
*************************************
-- These are my ideas. Oy vey, are they mine.
-- zardoz

dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Sam Conway) (02/21/90)

I have received e-mail which has indicated that the initial posting about
the new "soc.culture.iranian" was intended as a joke.  An inside joke,
it would seem, which makes it uniquely inappropriate to be posted to
a worldwide network.

If this is the case, I am disappointed that the originator hasn't
made mention of this fact, but rather allows the Net to be clogged up
with followups from those who believe it to be sincere.

Let us assume it is a joke, as indeed it must be, and allow it to pass
quietly into memory.

--

In article <6807@internal.Apple.COM>, zardoz@apple.com (The One Eyed Man) writes:

> Iranian culture...military justice...governmental restraint...jumbo
> shrimp...
>
> What to all these have in common?

....they're part of John Byrne's new origin for Richie Rich?

							OM

lewandow@sabertooth.cs.wisc.edu (Gary Lewandowski (TA of Doom)) (02/23/90)

In article <414@peyote.cactus.org> mosley@peyote.cactus.org (Bob Mosley III) writes:
>In article <6807@internal.Apple.COM>, zardoz@apple.com (The One Eyed Man) writes:
>> Iranian culture...military justice...governmental restraint...jumbo
>> shrimp...
>> What to all these have in common?
>
>....they're part of John Byrne's new origin for Richie Rich?

Uh oh, this does not bode well for Richie's girlfriend...
(What was her name anyway?  Now I have to go check...)

--

				gary
			lewandow@cs.wisc.edu

   		"Knowledge is a fractal." -- Samuel Bates