[rec.arts.comics] response to Wolverine comments

tdaniel@hubcap.clemson.edu (tod daniels) (12/14/90)

baxterm@merrimack.edu writes:

>In article <12214@hubcap.clemson.edu>, tdaniel@hubcap.clemson.edu (tod daniels) writes:
>WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!
>             are you nuts?! Spiderman Not as good as that rehashed fag they
>call a rider, or that tinplated nerd.  Come on!  The spidercharacter is a
>little more realisitc than ghost rider.  First the rider seems to have no
>vulnerabilitys or weakness, witch means he will get real old fast how much
>character devolopment is there with a demon.  And silver surfer is so out of
>this world that I don't want to even touch it. Well he always seems to devolope
>a new stincking power to get out of situations.  And when you said that it
>sound a little shallow that you only read other titles because you wanted to
>see wolvie is the only true thingyou said it is shallow.

The demon is not the character I'm concerned with, it's Danny.  Eventually,
he'll have to confront the fact that he is being possessed by a demon he
resents to help people he doesn't care about...  I forsee a merging of
the Ghost Rider/Danny personalities in the future...

The Surfer himself interests me, but I'm reading it now because of Thanos...
How can you not like Thanos as a villian?  He is noble, smart, driven by all
too human emotions.

Wake up!  I spent five months collecting a Spiderman story that ended the same
as it began.  Six pages of the word DOOM repeated over and over again does not
a good story make...  There was no resolution in the first story and I suspect
the same will be true of the second one.  Face it, all McFarlane has done is
give Spidey something to do without getting anything done.  So far, the title
sucks (to put it bluntly).

As for realism, you have accepted the fact that a radio-active spider can
transfer it's *powers* to a man, yet you refuse to believe in demonic
possession?  I think you need a reality check...

Speaking of being shallow, I won't bother to go into the depths of your
prowess with either/or a keyboard and the English Language...

"It's so lonely when you don't even know yourself"  -- RHCP

	tod daniels -- tdaniel@hubcap.clemson.edu