[rec.arts.comics] Cartoon History of the Universe - recommended?

In article <10128@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> mcohen@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (Michael Cohen) writes:
>it tries to tell the way things (probably) actually happened, as opposed
>to the glossed over, handed-down-through-the-ages stories about how things
>were supposed to have happened.  For that reason alone, I found it to be
>very interesting and entertaining...

Gonick has several other books out that are also very much worth reading,
for similar reasons.  Notably, a two-volume Cartoon History of the United
States [I don't vouch for the title, but that is roughly right] which is
excellent.  Note, these are not comic-format books, they're slim trade
paperbacks.
--
"The average pointer, statistically,    |Henry Spencer at U of Toronto Zoology
points somewhere in X." -Hugh Redelmeier| henry@zoo.toronto.edu   utzoo!henry