[rec.pets] FAMA

richard@gryphon.UUCP (11/24/87)

In article <1095@inuxd.UUCP> padgett@inuxd.UUCP (Gary Padgett) writes:
>Could someone tell me exactly what FAMA is (I presume it is a journal
>or magazine) and how I could get a subscription. I am fairly new at
>aquariums but I first saw FAMA mentioned in the "That Fish Place"
>catalog. Thanks for the info and forgive the probably-dumb question.
>
>Gary Padgett

FAMA is one of the two remaining commercial magazines, TFH being the
other. There tends to be more technical information in FAMA than
TFH, although, my subscription seems to have expired a while ago,
and I have'nt seen Any recently. They can be a bit difficult to find,
and a subscription would be a good idea. I'll mail you
the address if you still need it, ie. sombody doesnt beat
me to it.

There was a magazine in the 70's _The Aquarium_, started by W.T. Innes,
that was still going strong, *long* after Innes started it. Metaframe
bought them out around '73 and restricted all advertising except
their own. The magazine died shortly after that.

Too bad, as it was an excellent magazine, FAMA comes close, and
TFH is just so many pretty pictures...

--
Richard J. Sexton
INTERNET:     richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

"It's too dark to put the keys in my ignition..."