[rec.pets] Piranhas

In article <184@otl.SanDiego.NCR.COM> johns@otl.SanDiego.NCR.COM (John Sennentz) writes:

>As far as the problem with the pair of pirahanas, I have had a bit
>of experience keeping them.  By themselves, a single pirahana isn't
>real nasty.  A pair of them is a different story.  They become a
>viscious and unpredictible fish.  The dealer who sold you the pair
>made the mistake of underestimating how unpredictible they can get.

They arn't really that unpredictible. They are nasty when they are
A) hungry or B) Horny.

There was an article in TFH in 81 or so that had old Herb flying
down to the Amazon and messing around in the river (THE river) there.

He swam right through a huge school of Piranha. He could do it because
the river was low, and apparanylt the fish are sluggish and peacfull
at this time. However, when the rains come and there is fresh water,
even monkeys in low trees arn't safe.

At least thats what the local Indians said.

--
               "It's too dark to put my legs in my munitions"
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM