[rec.pets] Gene's flaming and raving

In article <8802060510.AA09898@wheatena> wheatena!gsmith (Gene Ward Smith) writes:
>In article <17640@topaz.rutgers.edu> trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) writes:

[well, who really cares what he wrote]

>  I didn't make that name up, for what it is worth. Can you give
>a real example of a pet name I did make up?

Gotcha Smith!

Were you not the one that put the ad in the paper:

"Lost - small brown dog, named shillit-foop. Answers to same ..."
"... reply to wheatena!gsmith"

Now, this clearly is a pet, and I'll go out on a limb here
and wager that you MADE THE NAME UP.

Q.E.D.

I still like Weetabix better..

--
               "It's too dark to put my legs in my munitions"
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM

trudel@topaz.rutgers.edu (Jonathan D.) (02/09/88)

> [well, who really cares what he wrote]

I do.  I wrote it.

> > Can you give
> >a real example of a pet name I did make up?

> "Lost - small brown dog, named shillit-foop. Answers to same ..."
> "... reply to wheatena!gsmith"

I was going to venture that he made up the "Brahms Gang" and Weemba...

I'm sure we can safely say Gene is into self-flagellation, so these
count.  Count!  Get it???  It's a math joke, Son!