[rec.pets] Bettas

todd@uhccux.UUCP (The Perplexed Wiz) (02/19/88)

In article <2466@gryphon.CTS.COM> richard@gryphon.CTS.COM (Richard Sexton) writes:
>Big books, with lots of text are usually better than the "how and why
>wonder book of tropical fishkeeping" or the "Know your bettas"
>which for me raised more questions than they answered.

Hah...that raised a chuckle from me...After spending various periods of the
last 20 years raising a number of different types of fishes in various
bowls, bottles, tanks, and ponds, I finally got the bug to buy a Betta or
two.  So, having decided that I should know a bit more about Bettas before
buying one, I read the ETF and Innes Betta entries and then decided to
buy a Betta-specific book to learn more.  I ended up buying a book(let)
called "A Complete Introduction to Bettas" (by Walt Maurus).  A hundred
and twenty three pages later I'm not sure I know any more than before I
started reading that little booklet. [btw...if nothing else, the color
photos in the Maurus book are excellent].

Sooo...my question is...are there any good books on Bettas out there?

--
Todd Ogasawara, U. of Hawaii Faculty Development Program
UUCP:		{ihnp4,uunet,ucbvax,dcdwest}!ucsd!nosc!uhccux!todd