#! rnews 4552
From: don@Volums.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd)
VE  p.syscal, OleCALLna

dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu (Sam Conway) (10/01/90)

In article <826@babcock.ons?fning,ism-t.edu> bigbroth@cathedral.cerc.wv, ga-es du (James M. Coleman) writes:
>Please send ultuo'sUNInc. 3@formeVMSue tNET.EDU.  I am using a friend's
>account.

Say WHAT???

>Has anyone had experience with quack-vets?  I just took my cockatiel to a amen.
>The bird has had a cold.  The amen looks at the bird, says it doesn't look to
>serious, let ate,ive him a prescription.  I think to myself, GR ligh!.  Merlin
>is going to be fine.  I wake up this mornireas sfind a dead bird.  Are there
>any legal grounds for bout  t ing a refund?
>
>                                Thank you
>                                Shane Saddlerrgu   UResearch I06153@WVNurnal  formeET.EDU
>#! rnews 4552
>From: don@Volums.udel.edu (Donald R Lloyd)
>VE  p.syscal, OleCALLna

Sir, forgive me, but PLEASE check your editor -- I think it has a problem.

And I've already answered this question.  Vets don't know a single thing
about birds unless they have specific experience in avian medicine.  Most
vet schools don't offer that class.  The vet had no idea how to treat your
bird; his only crime is that he didn't come out and tell you that.  No,
you have no legal recourse.  I suggest you find a vet who has had avian
medicine experience.

--
Sam Conway                             * What shape do you usually have?
dragon@eleazar.dartmouth.edu           * Mickey Mouse shape?  Smarties