[rec.humor] The lawsuit of the year!

alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) (01/15/88)

In article <1606@mind.UUCP> greg@mind.UUCP (Greg Nowak) writes:
>In article <2832@killer.UUCP> alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) writes:
>}Well get this:  the *engineer* of the train (and I believe the asst.
>}engineer) are suing this legless protestor.  They allege that the
>}incident has caused them undue mental anguish!

>Allen, I don't believe you.
        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I really couldn't care less whether you believe it or not.  The story was
run on KRLD 1080 A.M., in Dallas.  I had to call the newsroom to verify the
story myself!  Before making statements like that, why don't you bother
to check it out.

>Never believe *anything* posted from killer--

You know, Greg, it is better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your
mouth and remove all doubt  :-)   :-)   :-)
--
        Allen Gwinn    / email: {ihnp4!decvax!killer}!sulaco!allen
                       \ USPS: P.O. Box 740444, Dallas, TX  75374-0444

greg@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (Gregory Nowak) (01/15/88)

In article <2863@killer.UUCP> allen@sulaco.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) writes:
}In article <1606@mind.UUCP> greg@mind.UUCP (Greg Nowak) writes:
}>In article <2832@killer.UUCP> alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) writes:
}>}Well get this:  the *engineer* of the train (and I believe the asst.
}>}engineer) are suing this legless protestor.  They allege that the
}>}incident has caused them undue mental anguish!
}
}>Allen, I don't believe you.
}        ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
}I really couldn't care less whether you believe it or not.  The story was
}run on KRLD 1080 A.M., in Dallas.  I had to call the newsroom to verify the
}story myself!  Before making statements like that, why don't you bother
}to check it out.
}
}>Never believe *anything* posted from killer--
}
}You know, Greg, it is better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your
}mouth and remove all doubt  :-)   :-)   :-)

Allen, if you add talk.bizarre to your Newsgroups line, never having
read talk.bizarre but thinking, "Gee, this *sounds* bizarre" than you
get what you pay for. In talk.bizarre protocol, my posting was less a
flame than a simple way of saying "hi, interesting news, welcome to
t.b." But youhad to post this little snippet to every group under the
sun, and now you're miffed because someone who only reads one of those
groups followed it up in the style appropriate to that group. Serves
you right.

To tell you the truth, I don't care whether I believe you or not
either.

--
...!seismo!princeton!phoenix!greg

                                 Greg Nowak/Phoenix Gang/Princeton NJ 08540

stevef@rtech.UUCP (Steve Frye) (01/16/88)

In article <2863@killer.UUCP>, alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) writes:
> I really couldn't care less whether you believe it or not.  The story was
> run on KRLD 1080 A.M., in Dallas.  I had to call the newsroom to verify the
> story myself!  Before making statements like that, why don't you bother
> to check it out.

Allen,
	You are absolutely right.  The article appeared this week (1-11 1-15)
in The Contra Costa Times.

	Whether right wrong or indifferent, their side of the story is
interesting.

--
Steve Frye 				Relational Technology
ptsfa!rtech!stevef			1080 Marina Village Parkway

nj@ndmath.UUCP (nj @ a loss) (01/17/88)

In article <2863@killer.UUCP>, alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) writes:
> In article <1606@mind.UUCP> greg@mind.UUCP (Greg Nowak) writes:
> >Allen, I don't believe you.
>         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> I really couldn't care less whether you believe it or not.
>
> >Never believe *anything* posted from killer--
>
> You know, Greg, it is better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your
> mouth and remove all doubt  :-)   :-)   :-)

Allen, I can believe you believe Greg is a fool, but I can't believe you
believe Greg doesn't believe you.

I don't believe you.  Can you believe that?

nj
master of suspension of disbelief

kyl@homxb.UUCP (Cindy Parker) (01/18/88)

In article <638@ndmath.UUCP>, nj@ndmath.UUCP (nj @ a loss) writes:
> In article <2863@killer.UUCP>, alleng@killer.UUCP (Allen Gwinn) writes:
> > In article <1606@mind.UUCP> greg@mind.UUCP (Greg Nowak) writes:
> > >Allen, I don't believe you.
> > I really couldn't care less whether you believe it or not.
> > >Never believe *anything* posted from killer--
> > You know, Greg, it is better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your
> > mouth and remove all doubt  :-)   :-)   :-)
> Allen, I can believe you believe Greg is a fool, but I can't believe you
> believe Greg doesn't believe you.
> I don't believe you.  Can you believe that?
> nj

        Ya, you tell him nj. I believe and support your beliefs on Allen!
           And Allen, I don't belive that you couldn't care less about
            what greg believes.

                          Cindy