[rec.humor] Cabal

gdelong@cvman.UUCP (Gary Delong) (04/07/89)

In article <291@ubbs-nh.MV.COM>, noel@ubbs-nh.MV.COM (Noel Del More) writes:
> Now that I have said my piece concerning......
>
> I'll go on record as being in favor of Brad Templeton's suggestion
> concerning the site administrators voting on the creation/deletion of
> newsgroups.

> I also strongly agree with Karl, that the ONLY requirement be that the
> individual be a site administrator.
>
> Noel

That brings up something someone else mentioned.  Do 'sites' that are just
a PC in someone's bedroom get the same vote as 'sites' that are a network
of 10s or 100s of business systems with 100s or 1000s of users?

Maybe there should be two 'voting committees', one that is one vote per
site, and one that is 1 vote per every n systems.  Both 'committees'
would have to ratify a vote before the issue was deemed to have passed.
And maybe there should be a 'chairperson' who would have the last word
and could over-rule the two 'committees'.  And maybe there could be a
provision that if the 'chairperson' vetoed the vote of the two groups,
the groups could over-rule the 'chairperson' with some super majority
vote.

And how about terminals, shouldn't they be counted as at least some
percent of a full site?  What about dumb terminal vs smart terminals?
And aren't some smart terminals better than others?

Tom, Ben... get in here.  I think we may have something.  Why don't you
write this up?  Don't forget to put in something about individual and site's
rights issues.  BTW, should we address the issue of standing armies?

--
  _____
 /  \    /   Gary A. Delong, N1BIP   "I am the NRA."  gdelong@cvman.prime.com
 \____\/     Prime Computer, Inc.                     (603) 622-1260 x 261

dave@pmafire.UUCP (Dave Remien) (04/09/89)

In article <548@cvman.UUCP> gdelong@cvman.UUCP (Gary Delong) writes:
=Tom, Ben... get in here.  I think we may have something.  Why don't you
=write this up?  Don't forget to put in something about individual and site's
=rights issues.  BTW, should we address the issue of standing armies?

And about the right to bear flame-throwers.....  <(8-)

Dave Remien - WINCO Computer Eng. Group -uunet!pmafire!dave- "Let's just look
at the extras on your new car - wire wheel spoke fenders, two way sneeze
through wind vents, stars and mudguards, chrome fender dents, and factory air
conditioned air, from our fully factory equipped airconditioned factory."

jcbst3@cisunx.UUCP (James C. Benz) (04/26/89)

In article <622@pmafire.UUCP> dave@pmafire.UUCP (Dave Remien) writes:
>- "Let's just look
>at the extras on your new car - wire wheel spoke fenders, two way sneeze
>through wind vents, stars and mudguards, chrome fender dents, and factory air
>conditioned air, from our fully factory equipped airconditioned factory."

Ahh! Climate Control!  Squeeze him, maybe he'll pass another one!

--
Jim Benz 		     jcbst3@unix.cis.pittsburgh.edu     If a modem
University of Pittsburgh					 answers,