[net.news.group] net.news.group

psuvm%iks@psuvax.UUCP (06/23/83)

longer titles.
I am positive I have seen longer titles for net.items. Singhal.

ins_akaa@jhunix.UUCP (Kenneth Adam Arromdee) (11/11/85)

In article <846@psivax.UUCP> friesen@psivax.UUCP (Stanley Friesen) writes:
>In article <1097@jhunix.UUCP> ins_akaa@jhunix.ARPA (Kenneth Adam Arromdee) writes:
>>Furthermore, I am not permitted to read net.news.group, which means that the
>>ONLY way I could read your posting about net.flame was in net.flame. This
>>applies also to other postings not relating to net.flame that appeared
>>in net.flame and net.news.group only. If net.flame is cut off, there will
>>be no way I can read these postings.
>	I find this policy to be exceedingly *strange*! To allow
>reading of pure noise groups like net.flame and *forbid* reading of
>important administrative groups taht are critical to the proper
>operation of the net is, to say the least, absurd, or even
>inconsistant!
>	Would sending mail to the News Admin at John Hopkins help to
>get a more rational policy? Or is there some other way we could
>influence the News Admin to seriously reconsider this policy? I do not
>see that it is proper to cripple your interaction with the net in this
>manner.
>				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

As of now, access to net.news.group has been permitted. I am still, however,
forbidden from seeing net.unix-wizards, net.sources and its subgroups,
net.adm, net.bugs, net.games and its subgroups, and several subgroups of
net.news that I probably wouldn't want to see but don't really know about
because I can't see them.
If you know the alphabet up to 'k', you can teach it up to 'k'.

Kenneth Arromdee
BITNET: G46I4701 at JHUVM and INS_AKAA at JHUVMS
CSNET: ins_akaa@jhunix.CSNET              ARPA: ins_akaa%jhunix@hopkins.ARPA
UUCP: ...{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!seismo!umcp-cs!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_akaa
      ...allegra!hopkins!jhunix!ins_akaa