[comp.sys.sun] RCS sources question

arnold@cs.utexas.edu (Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC}) (11/11/88)

>From:    John Bossert <bossert@athens.thalatta.com>
>
>If anyone has the sources to RCS for Suns (doesn't have "diff3" built-in,
>ergo no AT&T proprietary code), I'd appreciate a note....

RCS can be anonymous ftp'ed from arthur.cs.purdue.edu. GNU diff, which
can produce output for use with RCS, can be gotten from prep.ai.mit.edu.
--
Arnold Robbins -- Emory University Computing Center
DOMAIN:	arnold@unix.cc.emory.edu (finally!)

guy@uunet.uu.net (Guy Harris) (12/04/88)

>RCS can be anonymous ftp'ed from arthur.cs.purdue.edu. GNU diff, which
>can produce output for use with RCS, can be gotten from prep.ai.mit.edu.

SunOS releases 3.2 and later have the 4.3BSD "diff", which can also
produce output for use with RCS; if you have 3.2 or later, you don't need
GNU "diff".

exodus@mfgfoc.uucp (Greg Onufer) (12/12/88)

gatech!emory!arnold@cs.utexas.edu (Arnold D. Robbins {EUCC}):
> RCS can be anonymous ftp'ed from arthur.cs.purdue.edu. GNU diff, which
> can produce output for use with RCS, can be gotten from prep.ai.mit.edu.

And which is considerably faster than normal diff, I may add....  (If you
are using a Sun-1 or Sun-2, it makes life almost bearable!)

--Greg
--
Greg Onufer   //  Focus Semiconductor  //     University of the Pacific
  exodus@cheers.uucp (daver!cheers!exodus@Sun.COM) 	415-965-0604