[net.unix-wizards] As long as we're into bugs in more:

chris.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay (02/28/83)

From:     Chris Torek <chris.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay>
Date:     6 Jan 83 00:05:54 EST  (Thu)
More (and 'clear') don't send out the terminal initialization/
uninitialization strings when they start up/finish, so some
terminals don't work right (since they need to be put in a
special mode in order to home the cursor, etc).  ``more'', in
particular, screws up when I don't have :am: in my termcap,
but autowrap is normally set, and only cleared via the :ti=:
entry (then set again by :te=:).  It thinks that it needs to
put out an extra CRLF after long lines, so it ends up scrolling
information off the top of the screen.