[net.unix-wizards] uucp vs delivermail

BH@SU-AI (02/28/83)

From: Brian Harvey <BH at SU-AI>
Date: 01 Jan 1983 1741-PST
This is a problem in mail incoming via uucp to a Eunice site, so I'm not
sure whose fault it is, but I suspect delivermail.  The problem is that
the sender, at a remote site, said
	mail sunny!!bh
instead of the correct
	mail sunny!bh
The result of this was the delivery to the Eunice system of a uux command
of the form "rmail !bh".  The result of THAT was that delivermail hung
forever.  That in turn hung uuxqt... and so on.  Am I correct in blaming
this on delivermail?  Has anyone seen or better yet solved this problem?
I know the primary fault was a user error, but the result was no mail
delivered for anybody untl I fixed it by hand.