[comp.sys.sun] tty and serial line bugs

phil@cis.ohio-state.edu (Phil Ritzenthaler) (01/07/89)

In article <874@mcrware.UUCP>, mcrware!kim@uunet.uu.net (Kim Kempf) writes:
> We've noticed that the problem with tty xon/xoff flow control being
> disabled when a tty is closed is still there.  Tty spoolers must have an
> open() hanging on the port or the flow control is gone when the last job
> is printed.

I had received a patch tape from sun to try and fix this and several other
problems with the ALM-2 board.  Speaking with a Sun Techie (yes, I
actually got a response!!!!), he informed me that:

1.)  serial lines were one of the many hangups in the late release of 4.0.1.
     The more the fixed them, the worse other problems got.  They finally
     released 4.0.1, but without this being fixed!
2.)  sometime in the near (distant?) future, ANOTHER patch tape will be
     released with some more of the tty and serial bugs fixed.

Sun strikes again . . .