[comp.sys.sun] 4.0 C2 security features how do I use them

boyter@uunet.uu.net (Maj Brian Boyter) (01/19/89)

 kadmon!jason@mtxinu.com (Jason Venner) writes:
> I would appreciate some help from someone how has successfully enabled the
> C2 security features of SunOS 4.0.1.

Jason...

I have C2 up and running on my Sun network....  It's not
straightforward...

So far I have found one "feature" which is not working: Users cannot log
into clients { The ultimate in security :-)  [[ Makes systems management a
bit easier! :-)  --wnl ]] }...  It acts like the Yellow Pages don't know
about the "passwd.adjunct" file....  Someone at Sun (mfiller@dana.sun.com)
is working the problem....   she told me that another site has the same
problem....

If you only have standalone sun's, that part seems to be working fine...
You can contact me if you have problems and I will help if I can....  The
"secrets" are found in some scripts called C2convert  and c2convert...
There are man pages supplied with SunOS 4.0

I hope this helps...
Brian

   Maj. Brian A Boyter
   US Army Foreign Science & Technology Center
   Charlottesville, Va 22901
   off: (804)980-7362
   home:     973-9440
   boyter%bimbo.uucp@virginia.acc.virginia.edu