[net.unix-wizards] An amusing exchange

mark.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay (03/17/83)

From:  Mark Weiser <mark.umcp-cs@UDel-Relay>

Date:     16 Mar 83 18:18:36 EST  (Wed)
From:     Khron The Elder <rehmi@umcp-cs>
Subject:  Re:  Gurus
To:       Fred Blonder <fred@umcp-cs>, staff@umcp-cs,
          Bruce Israel <israel@umcp-cs>
Cc:       randy@umcp-cs, jim@umcp-cs

	From:     Fred Blonder <fred@umcp-cs>

		From:     Khron The Elder <rehmi@umcp-cs>

			From:     Fred Blonder <fred@umcp-cs>

			``What option do I give to the gronkzix program to
			make it floogle?''

		Why, the blorchificate option, of course. Isn't it obvious???

	Well, that's the obvious answer, and I did try it, but when I pipe
	the output of ``gronkzix'' through ``kranfungle'' it can't handle
	the extra plorniquats and dumps core, leaving my terminal in
	yillruction mode. Now:  how can I get properly floogled output
	without causing kranfungle to vountiplake?

Hmm... I think I encountered a similar problem when sending the output of
``blognort'' to ``kranfungle''. The fix was a kludge, but what I did was
run it all as a sub-grofnit of rugnificate. But be careful to give the
frimboogle option to rugnificate, or it'll leave the terminal in the
frungix discipline. This is especially dangerous if you have a multiplexed
greelymond running in the background. Frobnicate and enjoy.