[comp.sys.sun] Will Sun support rel 3

scs@lokkur.UUCP (Steve Simmons) (04/22/89)

megatest!djones@decwrl.dec.com (Dave Jones) writes:
>What is Sun's official policy on support for Sun-3?

You're asking us what's official?  Sounds like you've got a
[the sarcasm lamp is now on]
WONDERFUL
[the sarcasm lamp is now off]
Sun salesman.  If he would just call Mt. View and ask, they'll give
him (and presumably you) an official answer.  But since you asked:
I believe that 3.5 is no longer supported.

>Particularly, I would like to know if it will do me any good to report
>bugs in release 3, if I'm not going to be using release 4 any time soon.

Don't waste your time.

>[[ They'll probably just tell you "fixed in release 4".  --wnl ]]

That's what they'll say, all right.  It won't neccesarily be true, tho.

--
Steve Simmons, Inland Sea Software, Ltd.         scs@lokkur.dexter.mi.us
   9353 Hidden Lake, Dexter, MI. 48130                   313-426-8981