[comp.sys.sun] device driver for PC-style tapes on Sun386i

tynor%pyr@gatech.edu (Steve Tynor) (04/27/89)

In article <7908@pyr.gatech.EDU> tynor@pyr.gatech.EDU (me) wrote:
>Has anyone written (or heard of) a device driver for PC-style tapes on
>Sun386i? I'll pay real money for it if I have to...

I guess I wasn't very clear as to what I'm looking for - I'm looking to
buy a cheap (< $300) PC-style 1/4" tape drive on the AT bus of my 386i.
I'm looking for a SunOS device driver to access it (not code to read a
tape that was written on a PC on a Sun SCSI tape drive).

If noone has already done this, I guess I'll try writing my own. However,
I've never ever written a Unix device driver, so any example device
drivers (for other tape drives, or disks, etc.) would provide a starting
point and would be much appreciated.

Has anyone typed in the Skeleton device driver example in the SunOS Device
Driver manual?

    Steve Tynor
    Georgia Tech Research Institute
    tynor@gitpyr.gatech.edu