[comp.sys.sun] Simula

frode@uunet.uu.net (Frode Odegard) (04/19/89)

root!mackeyw%serss0.UUCP@umbio.miami.edu (Wesley F Mackey) writes:
> Does anyone know where the Simula language may be obtained for the Sun3 or
> Sun4?
>
> From:  Wesley Mackey
>        mackeyw@servax.bitnet
>        mackeyw@serss0.uucp

There's a company in Oslo, Norway called Simula A.S (phone ++47-2-156710)
which should be able to help (after all Oslo is where Simula (and oop) was
invented).  There's also a company in Sweden, but I'm but sure about the
name.

You may also try Sun's Catalyst people (Sun is 415-960-1300). Catalyst is
Sun's third-party software program, and I betcha the Catalyst dept. will
be able to help (maybe they'll tell you to talk to Simula A.S. ;-)).

	- Frode

Frode L. Odegard, Modula-2 CASE Systems, Maridalsveien 139, N-0461
OSLO 4, NORWAY. Email: frode@m2cs.uu.no. For a full resume send mail
to info@m2cs.uu.no (message must contain the command "resume frode").

jsimellon@cpsc.ucalgary.ca (Larry Mellon) (05/06/89)

mcvax!m2cs.uu.no!frode@uunet.uu.net (Frode Odegard) writes:
> root!mackeyw%serss0.UUCP@umbio.miami.edu (Wesley F Mackey) writes:
> > Does anyone know where the Simula language may be obtained for the Sun3 or
> > Sun4?

Jade Simulations International is the North American distributor for
the Lund Simula compiler.  It is currently available on Sun3, OS 3.5
and 4.0.  I'm not sure about the Sun4.  The person to talk to is:
    Greg Lomow (403) 282-8792 or (403) 282-5711.

Or send me email and I'll see that he gets it.

Larry Mellon <mellon@cpsc.ucalgary.ca>
Jade Simulations International

olm@daimi.dk (Ole Lehrmann Madsen) (05/06/89)

Simula for SUN-3 may be obtained from Lund Software, Lund, Sweden.
Contact Boris Magnusson. E-mail: boris@dna.lu.se

---Ole Lehrmann Madsen