[comp.sys.sun] Public Domain Plotting Packages

mckee@vu-vlsi.villanova.edu (Bruce McKee) (04/26/89)

Does anyone know of a decent public-domain plotting package for SUN
workstations?  Ideally one should plot to the SUN console, and be able to
create a POSTSCRIPT version of that same plot.

I've heard about a National Weather Service package called NCAR that
allegedly ran on a VAX.  Has anyone ported it to a SUN?

Please post any leads to the net.  Thanks in advance!!!

-Bruce McKee
 Villanova University

schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu (Scott Schwartz) (05/08/89)

In article <2286@vu-vlsi.Villanova.EDU>, mckee@vu-vlsi (Bruce McKee) writes:
>Does anyone know of a decent public-domain plotting package for SUN
>workstations?  Ideally one should plot to the SUN console, and be able to
>create a POSTSCRIPT version of that same plot.

How about Gnuplot, written by Colin Kelly (at Villanova) a few years
back?  Runs under Suntools or X.
--
Scott Schwartz		<schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu>