[comp.sys.sun] solution: Wren III HH on 3/50 gets SCSI bus failure every 2-3 days

dove@uunet.uu.net (Webster Dove) (04/27/89)

The cable in the drive was resting against the PC board in the back of the
drive.  It had softened due to heat and was intermittantly shorting out (I
suspect).  Replacing the cable fixed the problem.

Web

weber@harvard.UUCP (Jeff Weber) (05/09/89)

rocket!dove@uunet.uu.net (Webster Dove) writes:
>The cable in the drive was resting against the PC board in the back of the
>drive.  It had softened due to heat and was intermittantly shorting out...

I had the same setup and problem.  Mine was cable too but with a different
failure, just a bad manufacturing run of cables.