[comp.sys.sun] Software support? Who needs it.

schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu (Scott Schwartz) (05/11/89)

In article <970@draken.nada.kth.se>, larsa@spirit (Lars Andersson) writes:
>It seems to me that news about bugfixes etc should be distributed by
>software companies (such as SUN) to license holders, _without_ users
>having to prompt the support people for this.

Hmmm.  That could cut into profit margins, you realize.  Besides they
are a hardware company, not a software company, right?  :-) :-)

Scott Schwartz		<schwartz@shire.cs.psu.edu>	"Imake is a cruel hoax"

dav@hplabs.hp.com (David L. Markowitz) (05/24/89)

> In article <970@draken.nada.kth.se>, larsa@spirit (Lars Andersson) writes:
> It seems to me that news about bugfixes etc should be distributed by
> software companies (such as SUN) to license holders, _without_ users
> having to prompt the support people for this.

There are always the quarterly bug lists (previously distributed with the
Software Tecghnical Bulletins).  They frequently have work-arounds or
fixes.  How many people actually READ them, though?  I use mine as a
reference: Found a new bug?  Look it up!

	David L. Markowitz		Rockwell International
	...!sun!sunkist!arcturus!dav	dav@arcturus.UUCP
	The above opinions are merely that, and only mine.