[comp.sys.sun] Email interface to Telecom Gold?

Dunstan_Vavasour@uunet.uu.net (04/26/89)

This message is aimed at UK users - if there is a suitable UK forum I
could use then I would be grateful if the moderator would forward this
request to it and advise me of its whereabouts.

Does anyone know of a gateway/interface from real Email to the Telecom
Gold system ? I'm looking in particular at sending messages TO Telecom
Gold. I enquired from BT about a year ago with no success, and wondered
whether anyone out there has had a similar need and found a way to make it
work ?

Dunstan Vavasour
Systems Design Division
GEC Electrical Projects                       "Solving your problems
Boughton Road                                    is our business"
Rugby, Warwickshire, CV21 1BU
Tel: (+44) 788 542144 Ext: 3535
Fax: (+44) 788 60767
Email: dv@gec-epl.co.uk
       dv%uk.co.gec-epl@uk.ac.ukc (JANET)
       ...mcvax!ukc!uk.co.gec-epl!dv

peter@stca77.stc.oz (Peter Jeremy) (05/26/89)

In article <8904030933.AA16116@mcvax.cwi.nl> mcvax!gec-epl.co.uk!Dunstan_Vavasour@uunet.uu.net writes:
>Does anyone know of a gateway/interface from real Email to the Telecom
>Gold system ?

Whilst I can't answer this directly, BT Gold is (or was 4 years ago and I
doubt it has changed) the same as the OTC Australia `Minerva' service and
the service offered by Dialcom in the US.  Someone may know of gateways to
these other services, which should also be accessable from BT Gold.

Peter Jeremy (VK2PJ)         peter@stca77.stc.oz
Alcatel STC Australia        ...!uunet!stca77.stc.oz!peter
41 Mandible St               peter%stca77.stc.oz@uunet.UU.NET
ALEXANDRIA  NSW  2015