[net.news.group] Possible creation of new newsgroup for CDC NOS/VE and NOS VX/VE

burn@metro.oz (Bernard Alting) (11/14/85)

Hi World,
	Control Data Corp. has recently released a Unix port
to their NOS operating system. It is called NOS VX/VE and runs
on their NOS/VE operating system.
	I am interested to know if their are sites out there who would be
interested in a newsgroup on this new port of unix. Possibly a name
of net.cdc.{nos,nosve,nosvx} or whatever.
	If there is not enough interest then perhaps a mailing list.
	If not even that then could any site who is interested at least
converse to me here in Australia as CDC here has not expertese what so ever
in unix.

				Burn Alting
				University Computing Centre,
				Uni of Sydney. Australia.
VOICE: +61 (02) 692 3492
ACSnet:	burn@metro.su.oz		CSNET:	burn@metro.oz
JANET:	metro.oz!burn@ukc	 	ARPA:	burn%metro.oz@seismo.arpa
UUCP:	..!seismo!munnari!metro.oz!burn

ron@brl-sem.ARPA (Ron Natalie <ron>) (11/15/85)

> Hi World,
> 	Control Data Corp. has recently released a Unix port
> to their NOS operating system. It is called NOS VX/VE and runs
> on their NOS/VE operating system.
> 	I am interested to know if their are sites out there who would be
> interested in a newsgroup on this new port of unix. Possibly a name
> of net.cdc.{nos,nosve,nosvx} or whatever.
> 	If there is not enough interest then perhaps a mailing list.
> 	If not even that then could any site who is interested at least
> converse to me here in Australia as CDC here has not expertese what so ever
> in unix.

This is too wierd.  This is best dealt with a mailing list as I can
probably count the number of NOS sites on one hand.  We have a Cyber
(running NOS 2 and not likely to change), but I'd support a mailing
list on the subject.

-Ron