[comp.sys.sun] Quest for tcsh

jdeb@oce.nl (Jan Debie) (05/31/89)

In our attempts to make U*IX as user-friendly as possible, we are looking
for the patches that, when applied to the sources of /bin/csh for SunOS
{3.5,4.x}, will produce tcsh. We have the patches from the archives, but
have been unsuccessful in applying those so far.

Does anybody have the correct ones lying around? If so, will {s}he send
them to us (by email)? (or perhaps pointers as to where to get them?)

Any help would be greatly appreciated (especially by our users!).

Oce-Nederland B.V.

J.L.M. Debie
Purch. Dept. P.A.-O.A.
Location 4N107
P.O. Box 101
5900 MA  Venlo
The Netherlands
phone ..31-77-592872
fax   ..31-77-516091
email ...!mcvax!oce-rd1!jdeb

	    | This note does not necessarily represent the position |
	    | of Oce-Nederland B.V. Therefore no liability or       |
	    | responsibility for whatever will be accepted.         |

faulkner%jmullins@husc6.harvard.edu (Don Faulkner) (06/16/89)

In article <3703@kalliope.rice.edu> jdeb@oce.nl (Jan Debie) writes:
> In our attempts to make U*IX as user-friendly as possible, we are looking
> for the patches that, when applied to the sources of /bin/csh for SunOS
> {3.5,4.x}, will produce tcsh. We have the patches from the archives, but
> have been unsuccessful in applying those so far.

you would do well to check out "BASH" --- the Bourne Again SHell -- from
GNU --- available on athena-dist.mit.edu under pub/gnu.  Has all the
editing features ... bits and pieces from KSH, SH, and CSH...  --

 Don Faulkner
 Building 1, Room 803
 Harvard University, School of Public Health
 665 Huntington Avenue
 Boston, MA  02115

 ARPA:      faulkner%jmullins@harvard.harvard.edu
 BITNET:    faulkner@harvard
 Telephone: (617) 732-2297

bob@cis.ohio-state.edu (Bob Sutterfield) (06/19/89)

   From: jdeb@oce.nl (Jan Debie)
   Date: 31 May 89 15:51:58 GMT

   ...we are looking for the patches that, when applied to the sources
   of /bin/csh for SunOS {3.5,4.x}, will produce tcsh.

The author, Paul Placeway, maintains his latest release on
tut.cis.ohio-state.edu:pub/tcsh/* (for FTP) and osu-cis!~/tcsh/* (for
UUCP).  I don't know how this version relates to whatever you've gotten
from whatever archives you've gotten them from, but it may be useful.  As
always, write for osu-cis instructions if you need them.