[comp.sys.sun] Pascal to "C" translator

chartier%bnrmtl.UUCP@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu (Andre Chartier) (06/16/89)

Problem:  We have a program written in Pascal (called Pascal-2 from
          the Oregon Software company), which is about 40 000 lines
          long.  We would like to translate it to C.

Question: Do you know any packages or tools which may help?

Thanks!   Send replies to: bnrmtl!chartier@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

21674RJS%MSU.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Robert J. Stanton) (06/22/89)

|Date:    Thu, 15 Jun 89 17:05:01 EDT
|From:    Andre Chartier <chartier%bnrmtl.UUCP@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
|
|Problem:  We have a program written in Pascal (called Pascal-2 from
|          the Oregon Software company), which is about 40 000 lines
|          long.  We would like to translate it to C.
|
|Question: Do you know any packages or tools which may help?
|
|Thanks!   Send replies to: bnrmtl!chartier@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu

Microsoft has a public domain package which translates Turbo Pascal to
Microsoft Quick C.  I haven't heard of any other translators.

                                                 /rjs
Acknowledge-To: <21674RJS@MSU>

bmyers@killer.dallas.tx.us (Bob Myers) (06/29/89)

In article <4044@kalliope.rice.edu>, 21674RJS%MSU.BITNET@cunyvm.cuny.edu (Robert J. Stanton) writes:
> |Date:    Thu, 15 Jun 89 17:05:01 EDT
> |From:    Andre Chartier <chartier%bnrmtl.UUCP@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu>
> |
> |Problem:  We have a program written in Pascal (called Pascal-2 from
> |          the Oregon Software company), which is about 40 000 lines
> |          long.  We would like to translate it to C.
> |
> |Question: Do you know any packages or tools which may help?
> |
> |Thanks!   Send replies to: bnrmtl!chartier@larry.mcrcim.mcgill.edu
> |

> Microsoft has a public domain package which translates Turbo Pascal to
> Microsoft Quick C.  I haven't heard of any other translators.
>
>                                                  /rjs
> Acknowledge-To: <21674RJS@MSU>

I have been using a pascal to c translator package for apollo's, and found
that the code could be moved to sun 3's with very little changes.  it is
available from TGL incorporated.  you could contact john bertani at
503-745-5880 (leave a message; he's in the process of moving).

they also support turbo pasca to c, and a few others...

bob myers
systems applications engineer
fpu applications group
texas instruments
(214)997-3976

p.s.  i've translated about 40,000 lines of pascal with this system
with little or no hand editing needed; normally customer support is
very good...