[comp.sys.sun] Coffee Mug

mephdbo%prism@gatech.edu (d. majumder) (05/20/89)

It is kind of stupid put a query like the following in this discussion
group, but here it goes anyway:

can anybody tell me if I can buy a Sun Microsystems coffee mug somewhere,
if it exists. 8={

Thanx

Deeptendu Majumder               | (404) 894 2264 (O)
Box 30963                        | (404) 892 6650 (H)
Georgia Institute of Technology, |
Atlanta Georgia, 30332		 |

uucp: ...!{allegra,amd,hplabs,seismo,ut-ngp}!gatech!prism!mephdbo
ARPA: mephdbo@prism.gatech.edu
      dips@french.gatech.edu
BITNET: meibmdm@gitvm2

heath@sun.com (Frank Heath) (06/12/89)

Well for about $1000 + travel + lodging you can get one by taking a Sun
class in Fremont(plus a diploma).

Frank S. Heath				| THIS IS NOT AN ENDOURSEMENT,
Rockwell SPD				|  but they do serve good lunches.
4311 Jamboree Road
P.O. Box C
Newport Beach, CA, 92658-8902

(714) 833 6864
FAX (714) 833 6863
M/S 985-337
sun!sunkist!earth!heath

hayes@ardent.com (Jim Hayes) (06/17/89)

Frank Heath writes in article <3880@kalliope.rice.edu>:

>Well for about $1000 + travel + lodging you can get one by taking a Sun
>class in Fremont(plus a diploma).

The mugs from Sun Training are poorly constructed and somewhat dull.

My salesman gave me a really spiffy mug (thin-walled mug with an
understated blue Sun logo) last year when a rather large order got
botched.  I got another one when I reported a particularly nasty 4.0 bug.

Your salesman should be able to get you just about anything...  A few
months ago he gave me a set of five official Sun screwdrivers (special
heads for opening suns and unscrewing cables.)

So call your salesman...  Be sure to ask him about the spiffy Sun
wristwatches.

-Jim Hayes,  hayes@ardent.com
Ardent Computer, Sunnyvale.

cander@ucbvax.berkeley.edu (Charles Anderson) (06/23/89)

>From article <3933@kalliope.rice.edu>, by hayes@ardent.com (Jim Hayes):
> Your salesman should be able to get you just about anything...  A few
> months ago he gave me a set of five official Sun screwdrivers (special
> heads for opening suns and unscrewing cables.)

Speaking from personal experience, one way to get your Sun salesman to
give you some mugs is to tell him that your going to be meeting with an
Apollo salesman and you'd like to take some Sun mugs into the meeting.
Not only will your Sun salesman love the idea, but it's fun to mess with
the Apollo guy's mind :-)

--

Charles.
{sun, amdahl, ucbvax, pyramid, uunet}!unisoft!cander

zjat02@uunet.uu.net (Jon A. Tankersley) (06/24/89)

In article <3933@kalliope.rice.edu> hayes@ardent.com (Jim Hayes) writes:
>My salesman gave me a really spiffy mug (thin-walled mug with an
>understated blue Sun logo) last year when a rather large order got
>botched.  I got another one when I reported a particularly nasty 4.0 bug.

>So call your salesman...  Be sure to ask him about the spiffy Sun
>wristwatches.

Boy, I never get anything from mine except email about announcements...
And I've already got more bugs reported than anyone else in his territory.
(8+ on SunUpgrade alone.... I'll have to post that later....)

Wristwatches,  what do they look like?

-tank-
#include <std/disclaimer.h>		/* nobody knows the trouble I .... */
tank@apctrc.trc.amoco.com    ..!uunet!apctrc!tank

bh@cs.brown.edu (06/27/89)

Don't forget to put on your NeXT t-shirt....

shipley%web-4d.Berkeley.EDU@ucbvax.berkeley.edu (Pete Shipley) (06/29/89)

In article <3933@kalliope.rice.edu> hayes@ardent.com (Jim Hayes) writes:
>So call your salesman...  Be sure to ask him about the spiffy Sun
>wristwatches.

And look for a set of dark SUNglasses. (they actually do have them).

Pete Shipley:
email: shipley@berkeley.edu		Flames:  cimarron@postgres.berkeley.edu
       uunet!lurnix!shipley or ucbvax!shipley or pyramid!hippo!{ root peter }
Spelling corections: /dev/null                    Quote: "Anger is an energy"