[comp.sys.sun] 4.0.3 READ THIS FIRST

eli@ursa-major.spdcc.com (Steve Elias) (07/21/89)

already, 4.0.3 is looking better than 4.0.1!!!

there's only one READ ME FIRST document, instead of fifteen!  much
simpler.

steve elias
(eli@spdcc.com)

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (08/01/89)

In article <318@brazos.Rice.edu> eli@ursa-major.spdcc.com (Steve Elias) writes:

>already, 4.0.3 is looking better than 4.0.1!!!
>
>there's only one READ ME FIRST document, instead of fifteen!  much
>simpler.
>
>steve elias
>(eli@spdcc.com)

Don't get too impressed, there is still a lot of bugs. (Even after sun
claimed that 4.0.3 was very solid.)

Russ Poffenberger
(poffen@sj.ate.slb.com)

hart@decwrl.dec.com (Howard C. Hart) (08/24/89)

In article <752@brazos.Rice.edu> poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) writes:
>>already, 4.0.3 is looking better than 4.0.1!!!
>>there's only one READ ME FIRST document, instead of fifteen!  much
>>simpler.
>
>Don't get too impressed, there is still a lot of bugs. (Even after sun
>claimed that 4.0.3 was very solid.)

Get even less impressed. Sun has a bad habit of creating cumulative READ
ME FIRST bug fixes. I had to find a bug fix for remote installation of a
SunOS 3.5 system in a SunOS 3.0 READ ME FIRST. I guess they just assume
you'll read them all before doing anything.

Howard C. Hart                  UUCP:{sun!sunncal,pyramid}!leadsv!laic!nova!hart
Lockheed Missiles and Space Co.
Orgn 59-53, Bldg 593            Ph: (408) 743-2253 or -7353
Sunnyvale, CA 94086