[comp.sys.sun] looking for a smalltalk system on SUN with OS 4.0

gastinge@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Stefan Gastinger) (10/02/89)

Hello,

the university of Passau / West-Germany would like to have a smalltalk
system. Our machines are SUN-workstations with SUN-OS 4.0.

For this reason we have a couple of questions:
 - what is currently the best available system?
 - where can we get it from?
 - how much does it cost?
 - are there any public domain versions?

gastinge@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de	gastinge@unipas.uucp

hmm@uunet.uu.net (Hans-Martin Mosner) (10/03/89)

In article <756@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de> gastinge@unipas.fmi.uni-passau.de (Stefan Gastinger) writes:
>Hello,
>
>the university of Passau / West-Germany would like to have
>a smalltalk system. Our machines are SUN-workstations with
>SUN-OS 4.0.
That's easy...

ParcPlace Systems Smalltalk-80, of course!  (I must say that, I make my living
with it :-)

In Germany, from us:
	Georg Heeg Smalltalk-80 Systeme
	Baroper Str. 337
	4600 Dortmund 50
	Phone: 0231/75 13 26   Fax: 0231/75 13 31

	Call us, I don't have the prices at hand.

There is also Little Smalltalk, but it's just that: Little.

	Cheers,
	Hans-Martin Mosner

Hans-Martin Mosner		| Don't tell Borland about Smalltalk - |
hmm@unido.{uucp,bitnet}		| they might invent Turbo Smalltalk !  |

Disclaimer: Turbo Smalltalk may already be a trademark of Borland...