[comp.sys.sun] alm related panics fixed

glenn@mathcs.emory.edu (Glenn Barry) (10/05/89)

A few weeks ago I posted the following:

>We've been seeing many (1-4 per day) crashes on our Sun 4/280 running
>SunOS 4.0.3 with the message "panic:  Data fault" and "panic:  Text fault"
>(sometimes this message is preceded with "BAD TRAP").

with getty being the program (usually) that was running at the time.

Anyways, the post-4.0.3 serial line patches available from the Hotline
fixed the problem.  Thanks goes out to Greg Limes and Jim Gath at Sun
for helping out.

Glenn T. Barry      |  glenn@mathcs.emory.edu                   Internet
Emory University    |  {sun!sunatl,gatech}!emory!glenn          UUCP
Dept of Math and CS |  glenn@emory.bitnet                       BITNET
Atlanta, GA 30322   |  (404) 727-5637                           VoiceNet

jh@tut.fi (Hein{nen Juha) (10/10/89)

In article <1960@brazos.Rice.edu> glenn@mathcs.emory.edu (Glenn Barry) writes:

Anyways, the post-4.0.3 serial line patches available from the Hotline
fixed the problem.  Thanks goes out to Greg Limes and Jim Gath at Sun for
helping out.

Could someone at Sun be so kind and place those pathes in the sun-fixes
directory at uunet.uu.net?  We have a service contract but going through
the European dealer/Sun bureaucracy it would take weeks before anything
will happen.

--	Juha Heinanen, Tampere Univ. of Technology, Finland
	jh@tut.fi (Internet), tut!jh (UUCP), jh@tut (Bitnet)