[net.news.group] tired of ...

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (11/13/85)

In article <395@sesame.UUCP> slerner@sesame.UUCP (Simcha-Yitzchak Lerner) writes:
>> Indeed, is there someway of "educating" the new users on the state
>> of the "jokes world".  Should we adopt the style of net.announce
>> of posting the canonical JAP, light bulb, dead celebrity, elephant, ...
>> jokes several times each year so everyone can know where the
>> people who have been here for a while are coming from.

Rather than repost these canons, simply periodically post an updated
list of the various joke canons and the names/addresses of the keepers
of these canons. Then when someone posts a joke that has been done
before, you can mail him a message that so-and-so has a canonical
listing of all those kinds of jokes.

Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgub!cylixd!dave)

(The views expressed herein are the exclusive property of Dave Kirby.
Any person, living or dead, found with the same or similar opinions
will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of law.)

peter@graffiti.UUCP (Peter da Silva) (11/18/85)

> Rather than repost these canons, simply periodically post an updated
> list of the various joke canons and the names/addresses of the keepers
> of these canons. Then when someone posts a joke that has been done
> before, you can mail him a message that so-and-so has a canonical
> listing of all those kinds of jokes.

Great. Then we'd have mod.jokes.lightbulb, mod.jokes.JAP, mod.jokes.whatever.
I volunteer to be the keeper of mod.jokes.lightbulb.
--
Name: Peter da Silva
Graphic: `-_-'