[comp.sys.sun] Hypertext on Suns

dsc@osteocyber.ortho.hmc.psu.edu (david s. channin) (10/28/89)

I had developed a small Hypertext application on a Sun386i using
FrameMaker and the Sun Help_Viewer. The nicest feature was that not only
could you jump from page to page but you could hyperlink to C programs.
Now I notice that the   Sparc I does not have the Help_Viewer and Frame
alone does not allow links to C programs. MY questions to spotters:

   Is Help_Viewer available on Sparcs?
   Is there a other software to do hypertext with links to user programs?
   Is there a Help_Viewer under X11/News that allows this?

   Thanks.
    dsc@osteocyber.ortho.hmc.psu.edu

David S. Channin
Division of Orthopaedic Surgery
The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA 17033

poffen@sj.ate.slb.com (Russ Poffenberger) (11/13/89)

In article <2762@brazos.Rice.edu> dsc@osteocyber.ortho.hmc.psu.edu (david s. channin) writes:

>   Is Help_Viewer available on Sparcs?
>   Is there a other software to do hypertext with links to user programs?
>   Is there a Help_Viewer under X11/News that allows this?

Framemaker 2.0 has the features you want. It is just now starting to ship.

1601 Technology Drive		CIS:	72401,276
San Jose, Ca. 95110
(408)437-5254