[comp.sys.sun] Help Booting 4/260 with RF3223

chris@com2serv.c2s.mn.org (Chris Johnson) (02/04/90)

In article <4415@brazos.Rice.edu> kelsen@ge-dab.ge.com writes:

>When I attempt to boot a Sun 4/260 with an RF3223 controller emulating an
>XY451, I panic with the following message after the kernel has been read
>in from disk:
>
>	panic: vfs_mountroot: cannot mount root
>
>The kernel recognizes the RF3223 and prints out the disk labels.  The
>first line in /etc/fstab reads:
>
>	/dev/rf0a / 4.2 rw,nosuid 1 1

Did you try calling Ciprico to ask them what they thought?  I suspect your
kernel configuration file is more important at this point in the boot than
the fstab entries.  Do you have the correct "root on xxx, swap on yyy"
entries, for example?

Double check your installation procedure documentation.  If that doesn't
provide an answer with regard to correctly configuring things to boot from
the RF3223, call Ciprico's customer support at 612-559-2034.  They'll be
interested in helping you.

Chris Johnson                  DOMAIN:  chris@c2s.mn.org
Com Squared Systems, Inc.         ATT:  +1 612 452 9522
Mendota Heights, MN  USA          FAX:  +1 612 452 3607