[comp.sys.sun] 4/60FM2-8 v/s 4/60M1-8

mmd@trwind.trw.com (Marwan Dib) (01/27/90)

We have a bunch of 4/60FM2 with 17" monitors which we would like to
upgrade to 19" monitors. For some reason Sun put a weird video connector
on the 4/60FM2 and on the 17" monitor. Has anyone tried to do this upgrade
and have they found a converter cable source to attach to a standard say
Philips 19" mono mon.  Thanks.

turcotte@asterix.drev.dnd.ca (Guy Turcotte) (02/04/90)

ace!mmd@trwind.trw.com (Marwan Dib) writes:

>We have a bunch of 4/60FM2 with 17" monitors which we would like to
>upgrade to 19" monitors. For some reason Sun put a weird video connector
>on the 4/60FM2 and on the 17" monitor. Has anyone tried to do this upgrade
>and have they found a converter cable source to attach to a standard say
>Philips 19" mono mon.  Thanks.

About a month ago, a received two SS-1 workstations from Sun with the
converter (it is useless with the 17inches monitor because it has the
weird connector on it). I suspect that you can get such a converter
directly from SUN. Try to talk to your SUN representative.