[comp.sys.sun] Projection systems for Suns

genetti@photon.tamu.edu (01/16/90)

The department here wants to project the screens of various systems we
have using a pad that sits on an overhead projector.  I have found ones
that will work with PCs and Macs, but have not seen any advertised for
SUNS.  Does anyone have anything that works with the SUNS?  We need to be
able to display at least B/W but color would be nice as well.  One that
works with the same basic unit as the PC/Macs would be even better.
Please email and I will summarize and post if others are interested.

Jon Genetti          genetti@photon.tamu.edu

keegan-edward@yale.edu (Edward Keegan) (02/02/90)

We've been looking for a similar device. BARCO offers a couple of
different types. Their sales reps are not very responsive, however. SONY
also has one but their sales reps are worse. I've requested (on multiple
occasions) price and product info (from both BARCO & SONY) and have not
received anything to date. Good luck!

karen@pemrac.space.swri.edu (Karen Birkelbach) (02/08/90)

In v9n20 [Hardware], keegan-edward@yale.edu (Edward Keegan) writes:
>We've been looking for a similar device. BARCO offers a couple of
>different types. Their sales reps are not very responsive, however. SONY
>also has one but their sales reps are worse. I've requested (on multiple
>occasions) price and product info (from both BARCO & SONY) and have not
>received anything to date. Good luck!

We recently gave a demonstration of some graphics software written here
using an ELECTROHOME ECP 4000 Color Projection System connected to a
SPARCstation 1.  It seems this is the only one on the market that can
handle the high bandwidth and rescan rates.  It's pretty expensive, but it
does a fabulous job.

Karen Birkelach              Instrumentation and Space Research Division
karen@pemrac.space.swri.edu                 Southwest Research Institute
...convex!pemrac!karen                                  6220 Culebra Rd.
swri::karen (SPAN)           (o)(o)           San Antonio, TX 78228-0510