[net.news.group] mod.news.group

csg@pyramid.UUCP (Carl S. Gutekunst) (11/12/85)

In article <386@uwvax.UUCP> dave@uwvax.UUCP (Dave Cohrs) writes:
>I propose the creation of mod.news.group to discuss
>news groups in a sane, respectful manner.... What it does means is that
>what gets posted will at least be well thought out and will not be abusive.
>I'll even go so far as to volunteer to be moderator.  What do y'all say?

Seconded!!!!! Even I would be willing to be moderator. :-)

I too have had it up to my armpits with all the flamage. And don't tell me
about how to use the `n' key. As an SA, this is a group I *must* read to do
my job. And it's generally not possible to tell the relevant from the abusive
without reading the articles.
--
      -m-------   Pyramid Technology       Carl S. Gutekunst, Software R&D
    ---mmm-----   1295 Charleston Rd         {cmcl2,topaz}!pyrnj!

radzy@calma.UUCP (Tim Radzykewycz) (11/14/85)

In article<68@pyramid.UUCP> csg@pyramid.UUCP (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
>Seconded!!!!! Even I would be willing to be moderator. :-)

>I too have had it up to my armpits with all the flamage. And
>don't tell me about how to use the `n' key. As an SA, this is
>a group I *must* read to do my job. And it's generally not
>possible to tell the relevant from the abusive without
>reading the articles.

Bravo!  I couldn't have said it better myself.  Here's a vote for it!
--
Tim (radzy) Radzykewycz, The Incredible Radical Cabbage
	calma!radzy@ucbvax.ARPA

beaver@rlgvax.UUCP (R Beaver) (11/20/85)

>I too have had it up to my armpits with all the flamage. And
>don't tell me about how to use the `n' key. As an SA, this is
>a group I *must* read to do my job. And it's generally not
>possible to tell the relevant from the abusive without
>reading the articles.

Count my YES vote for mod.news.group.  Being a SA is not my primary
responsibility and filtering articles in this group (flames,
sarcastic crap) takes up most of what little time I have to
administer our net.

--beaver	{seismo,allegra,ihnp4}!rlgvax!beaver