[comp.sys.sun] using dynamic linking

chuckles@sne42e.orl.mmc.com (chuck strickland) (04/11/90)

We have built the GNU emacs editor. We noticed that the crt0.c module does
not do the call to ld.so to resolve runtine symbol links.  has anyone
modified the crt0.c to call ld.so. Or does someone have the source for the
sun crt0.c module that can share the code needed to invoke ld.so.

thanks
chuck strickland

celvin@ee.surrey.ac.uk (Chris Elvin) (04/11/90)

In article <6537@brazos.Rice.edu> chuckles@sne42e.orl.mmc.com (chuck strickland) writes:

>We have built the GNU emacs editor. We noticed that the crt0.c module does
>not do the call to ld.so to resolve runtine symbol links.  has anyone
>modified the crt0.c to call ld.so. Or does someone have the source for the
>sun crt0.c module that can share the code needed to invoke ld.so.

Can somebody clarify a point here for me.  I've been running GNU EMACS
18.52 under SUNOS 4.0[.1 .3] for neraly 2 years now.  I built emacs
straight from tape using the s_sunos4.h configuration file and its run
without a hitch.  Have I got a statically linked program??

Chris Elvin
C.Elvin@EE.Surrey.Ac.UK
Dept of Elec. Eng, University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 5XH. England