[comp.sys.sun] S-Bus to VME adaptors?

greg@parsys.co.uk (Greg Robertson) (06/07/90)

Has anyone out there heard of an S-Bus to VME adaptor/enclosure ?  Our
local Sun rep. says they are available but is vague on details.  What we
want to do is attach some VME interface card currently in our expensive
Sun4 to our cheap(ish) SparcStation 1

Greg.Robertson
greg@parsys.co.uk

robison@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu (Bob Robison) (06/08/90)

In article <8629@brazos.Rice.edu> greg@parsys.co.uk (Greg Robertson) writes:

>Has anyone out there heard of an S-Bus to VME adaptor/enclosure ?  Our
[...deleted...]
>Greg.Robertson
>greg@parsys.co.uk

I have recently requested info (not received it yet) on an S-Bus to VME
adapter set made by:

	BiT-3 Computer Corp
	8120 Penn Avenue South
	Minneapolis, Minn  55431-1393
	(612) 881-6955

I talked to them briefly and they said the system consists of one S-Bus
board and one VMEbus board, connected by a cable(s).  Both boards appear
as memory mapped-resources on the other bus, and both boards can be bus
masters.

Hope this helps.

Bob Robison	- Southwest Research Institute, Electromagnetics Div.
robison@dfsun1.electro.swri.edu
{sun!texsun, gatech!petro, uunet!cs.utexas.edu}!swrinde!dfsun1!robison