[comp.sys.sun] 'Exploding' sunview windows! ??

karim@oak.uncwil.edu (Omar A. Karim) (06/12/90)

The config I have is a stand-alone SUN 4/110 running 4.0.3.  While in
sunview, occasionally a window will disappear while I am working in it,
and this disappearing window leaves diagonal streaks across the console,
which can be fixed of course with the 'redisplay all' menu option.
However the window is gone for good of course.  This only happens
OCCASIONALLY and not necessarily everyday. Any info on this will be
appreciated.

Omar A. Karim
Department of Physics
UNC-Wilmington

dpf@sage0.gsfc.nasa.gov (David Friedlander) (06/13/90)

In article <8759@brazos.Rice.edu> karim@oak.uncwil.edu (Omar A. Karim) writes:

>The config I have is a stand-alone SUN 4/110 running 4.0.3.  While in
>sunview, occasionally a window will disappear while I am working in it,
>and this disappearing window leaves diagonal streaks across the console,

Well, I am having a similar problem, except without the streaks. (The
window disappears without a trace!)  It happens (with annoying regularity
a couple times per week, but unpredictably) on a 4/280 (4.0.3) whose /usr
and /home partitions are gotten from another machine.

The only predictable part of it all is that it seems to happen when one is
logged into another machine in the window that dies.

Any advice is appreciated.

David Friedlander / STX / Code 664                dpf@sage0.gsfc.nasa.gov