[comp.sys.sun] Hypercard

chris@rsl.egg.com (Chris Greve) (06/06/90)

We have all seen HyperCard on the Mac, I desperately need a comparable
product for the Sun.  I don't need HyperCard compatibility, just a like
functionality.  This product should run under X but Sunview or NeWS are
O.K. for now.  Please email any information you might have to me and I
will post a summary.  Thanks.

[[Ed's Note: A product called 'HyperCmedia' was mentioned in v8n201,
but no further information was forwarded to Sunspots. -bdg]]

Chris Greve  --  EG&G, Energy Measurements  --  Remote Sensing Laboratory
UUCP:	{...}!sun!sunvegas!herbert!chris   OR   chris@rsl.egg.com

chrise@beaver.cs.washington.edu (Chris Esposito) (06/13/90)

In article <8710@brazos.Rice.edu> chris@rsl.egg.com (Chris Greve) writes:
>We have all seen HyperCard on the Mac, I desperately need a comparable
>product for the Sun.  I don't need HyperCard compatibility, just a like
>functionality.  This product should run under X but Sunview or NeWS are
>
>[[Ed's Note: A product called 'HyperCmedia' was mentioned in v8n201,
>but no further information was forwarded to Sunspots. -bdg]]

If you are willing to learn NeWS (a non-trivial undertaking) then I think
your best bet would be HyperNeWS, which is the closest thing to Supercard
that I have seen on a Sun (Supercard provides a nicely extended superset
of the original Hypercard's functionality). HyperNeWS is available via
anonymous ftp from tumtum.cs.umd.edu.

P.S. I also have HyperCmedia, and though it does have its uses, it does
not, IMHO, offer functionality comparable to Supercard or HyperNeWS.

Chris Esposito                      | Internet: chrise@atc.boeing.com
Boeing Advanced Technology Center   | uucp: ...!uw-june!bcsaic!chrise

graham@relay.eu.net (Graham Underwood) (06/13/90)

In article <8710@brazos.Rice.edu> you write:

>We have all seen HyperCard on the Mac, I desperately need a comparable
>product for the Sun.
>
>[[Ed's Note: A product called 'HyperCmedia' was mentioned in v8n201,
>but no further information was forwarded to Sunspots. -bdg]]

HyperCmedia comes from

	Paradise Software Inc.
	RD Box 467A,
	Lambertville,
	NJ 08530

	(609) 397-4142

If you send them a 1/4" tape they will send you back a demo.