[comp.sys.sun] The selection_svc changes..

kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Brendan Kehoe) (09/16/90)

After putting in the selection_svc fix for Sun4-4.1, I took a look at it..
the original was 24576 in length; the new one is *285959* -- did it take
THAT much more RPC code to fix the hole??

Brendan Kehoe | Soon: brendan@cs.widener.edu
For now: kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu | Or: bkehoe@widener.bitnet

rickg@toshiba.tic.oz.au (Rick Gunderson) (10/08/90)

In <1990Sep16.130339.15386@rice.edu> kehoe@scotty.dccs.upenn.edu (Brendan Kehoe)
writes:

>After putting in the selection_svc fix for Sun4-4.1, I took a look at it..
>the original was 24576 in length; the new one is *285959* -- did it take
>THAT much more RPC code to fix the hole??

Probably not, but my understanding is that the new selection_svc is
statically linked with libsuntool.a, hence the increased size of the new
executable.

= Rick Gunderson                ACSnet:   rickg@toshiba.tic.oz               =