[comp.sys.sun] software security packages - C2

jobe@shell.com (Bill Jobe) (10/08/90)

I am interested in compiling a list of vendors that offer add on security
software that does not require kernel changes to UNIX.  Also interested in
public domain packages.  Areas of interest include passwords, file access
control, restricted superuser, audit, and rservice controls.  So far I
have the following:

        BoKS                    UniPress Software
        Lachman Security Audit  Lachman Associates
        SysAdmin                UniSolution Associates
        USECURE(UPASS)          UNITECH Software

Bill Jobe
Shell Oil Company, Information Center (713) 795-2708
..!{sun,bcm,rice}!shell!jobe or jobe@shell.com

LUBKT@vax1.cc.lehigh.edu (Binod K. Taterway) (11/04/90)

In article <1990Oct8.004131.16157@rice.edu>, jobe@shell.com (Bill Jobe) writes:
> I am interested in compiling a list of vendors that offer add on security
> software that does not require kernel changes to UNIX.  Also interested in
> public domain packages.  Areas of interest include passwords, file access
> control, restricted superuser, audit, and rservice controls.  So far I

Try   Kerberos  from    MIT    (prep.ai.mit.edu)   and     COPS   from
cert.sei.cmu.edu. A number  of archiver servers,  such as uunet.uu.net and
wuarchive.wustl.edu, might also  have these  software.  I am  very pleased
with Kerberos. I have been able  to compile is successfully on SS1+, Sun0S
4.1.  COPS  is a simple bug  checking tools, but is  quite useful too.

Binod Taterway				LUBKT@vax1.CC.Lehigh.EDU
User Consultant				LUBKT@spectrum.CC.Lehigh.EDU
Lehigh University, Beth, PA.
(215) 758-3984.