[comp.sys.sun] Formatting a ...

jb@falstaff.mae.cwru.edu (Jim Berilla) (12/09/90)

In article <697@brchh104.bnr.ca> andy@frisbee.eng.ufl.edu (Andy Wilcox) writes:

>I've heard a rumor that there is a giant format.dat file that has every
>disk in the world listed in it.  Where's it live?  If there isn't such a
>beast, would someone stand up and volunteer?

I've also heard rumor of such a file, but haven't been able to find one.
So here's your chance.  I'm standing, and I volunteer.  If you've ever
spent hours trying to get a RFP (really foreign peripheral) to work on
your system, then share your efforts.  Mail your format.dat (or printcap
or termcap or whatever) to ftp@falstaff.cwru.edu.  I'll try to put them in
order and put them up for anonymous ftp from this machine.  If you don't
specify otherwise, I'll put in a comment which points to the source for
each entry.

That address again is ftp@falstaff.cwru.edu.  Call now!

[[Ed's Note: As some of you may remember, I started a similar project 6
months or so ago. I still have lots of entries that just needed
compiling/verifying before I put them out. I'll go ahead and forward mine
to Jim, and let him have the fun of sorting them out. :) -bdg]]

      Jim Berilla / jb@falstaff.cwru.edu / 216-368-6776