[comp.sys.sun] WANTED: source for flyback xformers in Sun monitors

zippy@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Patrick Tufts) (12/10/90)

I'm also interested.  I'd appreciate it if someone would post a good
mail-order address for the video transformers.  I'm sure quite few have
had Sun monitors die every once (twice, ten times :-) in a blue moon.

paulf@lamont.ldgo.columbia.edu (paul friberg) (12/11/90)

The July issue of SunExpert provides the know-how and the address of two
vendors for the flyback transformers.  The article is titled:

	'A Shock in the Dark'

and rightfully so. It's on page 80.

	The vendors are:

	Pinnacle Data Systems Inc.
	1350 W. Fifth Ave. #22
	Columbus, OH 43212

		and

	Workstation Technologies
	18 Hunt Road
	Amesbury, MA 01913

aodyniec@orion.oac.uci.edu (Alex Odyniec) (12/20/90)

In <731@brchh104.bnr.ca> zippy@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu (Patrick Tufts) writes:

>I'm also interested.  I'd appreciate it if someone would post a good
>mail-order address for the video transformers.  I'm sure quite few have
>had Sun monitors die every once (twice, ten times :-) in a blue moon.

I just got a catalog from Computer Component Source, Inc. They list over
350 different flyback transformers, including 5 different part numbers for
Sun. They're $35 ea in single qty. That's cheap.  I haven't tried this
outfit yet and I'd appreciate feedback from someone who has. Their phone #
800-356-1227, fax # 800-926-2062.  BTW, an ad on the cover of their
catalog says: "come visit us at comdex Fall 90, booth #...." which tells
me that they're more than an overnight garage operation.

Alex Odyniec
UC Irvine

bob@morningstar.com (Bob Sutterfield) (12/30/90)

Talk to Pinnacle Data Systems, +1 614 487 1150.  They have a
compatible-but-better replacement for the icky Philips transformer,
designed by some pretty clever hardware hacks of my acquaintance.