[comp.sys.sun] SunOS 4.1 Name Resolution Libraries

lofaso@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Bernie Lofaso) (01/15/91)

It appears as though the name resolution libraries on uunet do not work
under SunOS 4.1, although we have used them successfully under 4.0.3. Can
anyone confirm this? Are resolver libraries available for 4.1?

Bernie Lofaso
Applied Research Labs

andys@ulysses.att.com (Andy Sherman) (01/25/91)

In article <1236@brchh104.bnr.ca> lofaso@titan.tsd.arlut.utexas.edu (Bernie Lofaso) writes:

>It appears as though the name resolution libraries on uunet do not work
>under SunOS 4.1, although we have used them successfully under 4.0.3. Can
>anyone confirm this? Are resolver libraries available for 4.1?

They're not needed for 4.1, since the release contains the tools to
customize the shared C library.  Greg Earle, Sun's on-site support person
at JPL has posted instructions for how to do the resolver to the
sun-managers list, and possibly to this list.  Perhaps the moderator will
add an archive reference to this.  If not, send me mail and I'll see if I
can find it to repost it.

[[Ed's Note: I think I have the right reference although it doesn't appear
to be from Greg Earle (might have inherited someone's name that reposted
it) -bdg]]

FTP:	Hostname : titan.rice.edu
	Directory: sun-source
	Filename : bindon41.shar

Archive Server Address: archive-server@rice.edu
Archive Server Command: send sun-source bindon41.shar

Andy Sherman/AT&T Bell Laboratories/Murray Hill, NJ
AUDIBLE:  (201) 582-5928
READABLE: andys@ulysses.att.com  or att!ulysses!andys