[comp.sys.sun] Wanted: Sun Screen Saver

mcall@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Callinan) (03/27/91)

I work in a lab full of 4/330s, and we don't have a screen saver for any
of them.  Is there a public domain program available?  Is this the right
newsgroup to be looking for this stuff?  Sorry if it isn't.

Thanks in advance,
Mike C

mcall@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Callinan) (04/02/91)

Does anyone know of a srceen saver for the Sun 4s?  I work in a lab full
of color Sun 4/330s, and it seems a waste to burn out all our 1280x1024
screens sooner than need be.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike C

elliss@kira.egr.msu.edu (Stew Ellis) (04/02/91)

elroy!devnet!mcall@ames.arc.nasa.gov (Mike Callinan) writes:

>I work in a lab full of 4/330s, and we don't have a screen saver for any
>of them.  Is there a public domain program available?

There are three options included with SunOS 4.1 and above:
  screenblank  (read the manpage)
  Suntools Menu, select screenlock
  Openwindows Menu, select lock screen.

I would also be able to run a moving image like the screen locks, but have
it operate like the screenblank after several minutes of inactivity on a
workstation that doesn't have anyone logged on and therefore has no window
system running.