[comp.sys.sun] Parallel port on Sun 4/280?

mferrare@physics.adelaide.edu.au (Mark Ferraretto) (04/17/91)

I have a Sun 4/280 with 3 ALMII boards in it.  On the top of these boards
is a port labeled 'printer'.  Is this a parallel port (Centronics)?  If it
is what device file do I use to access it?

naftoli@aecom3.aecom.yu.edu (Robert N. Berlinger) (04/24/91)

In article <2448@brchh104.bnr.ca> mferrare@physics.adelaide.edu.au (Mark Ferraretto) writes:
>I have a Sun 4/280 with 3 ALMII boards in it.  On the top of these boards
>is a port labeled 'printer'.  Is this a parallel port (Centronics)?  If it
>is what device file do I use to access it?

From the alm manual page:

     Minor device numbers in the range 64 - 67 access the printer
	  port, and the recommended naming is /dev/mcpp[0-3].

Robert N. Berlinger                 |Domain: naftoli@aecom.yu.edu
Manager of Networking and Systems   |UUCP: ...uunet!alsys1!naftoli
Research Information Technology     |CompuServe: 76067.1114@compuserve.com
Albert Einstein College of Medicine |AppleLink: D3913@applelink.apple.com