[net.news.group] keeping your boss off of the net

bandy@lll-crg.ARpA (Andrew Scott Beals) (11/28/85)

In article <576@mit-eddie.UUCP> gds@mit-eddie.UUCP (Greg Skinner) writes:
>"Each site guru" does not necessarily have the authority to allow or
>prevent people access to USENET.

But s/he does have the power. Example follows.

>There might be a situation where the supervisor of an SA is posting
>obnoxious articles -- what could the SA do in that case, order
>his/her boss of the net?

Well, you could try. :-) But I think that perhaps a software
solution is in order. Just "fix" inews such that people in group X
got only local distribution on their articles...
--
There once was a fellow named Moorehead,
Who had an affair with a warhead.

andy beals - bandy@lll-crg.arpa - {seismo,ihnp4!sun,dual}!lll-crg!bandy