[comp.sys.sun] X and Sunview on a 3/80??

CNBR38@vaxa.strath.ac.uk (MADMAL) (06/05/91)

From: cnbr38@vaxa.strath.ac.uk
Newsgroups: comp.sys.sun
Subject: X and Sunview on a 3/80??
Date: 20 May 91 15:36:56 GMT

I would like to know is it possible to run X windows and Sunview on
a sun 3/80 at the same time??
I almost had it working, as follows:
I start up the X windows which comes up on the colour frame buffer
and on the monochrome frame buffer so that the two screens are adjacent,
however I am able to start up sunview on the monochrome frame buffer while
running X on the colour. However the problem is that sunview and x clash on the
monochrome frame buffer particular for input from the mouse and keyboard!!!

So there a way of only bring up X on the colour buffer and sunview on the
monochrome buffer, so that I can switch between them by moving the mouse of one
side of the screen etc......

M. Devlin
Strathclyde University
email: cnbr38@vaxa.strath.uk.ac